Monday, August 24, 2009

Things that have been happening...

I know that I haven't been keeping this updated. I sometimes feel that my life is way too boring and what I have to say may not be that important. I use to feel that something amazing had to happen for me to write. I realize now that I shouldn't limit myself to those things that seem like they might be interesting to others. There is a lot that goes on in our lives, and I should write about them.

So here it goes...

Nathan and I have had a lot of things on our plate for a while. I am not sure how many of you are aware that we have been trying to start a family. We have actually been trying for over a year now. It has been a very interesting time, filled with tears, prayer, laughter, sadness, faith and love. Nathan and I decided very early on that we wanted a family soon after we were married. We both love children and wanted to have a family of our own. About four months into our marriage, we decided to start trying. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I never expected this roller coaster. There would be months where we thought we were pregnant, my body had all the symptoms, but the tests always read back negative. After a while, we wondered if something might be wrong. We discussed it with my doctor, and after blood work, an ultrasound and a MRI, they discovered that my uterus was not as it should be. Instead of a triangular shape, mine had an extra section which caused it to be in the shape of a heart. It is nothing serious. But it could cause me to have miscarriages and have difficulty getting pregnant. It has been very hard. It is a terrible feeling to long to be a mother, but not be able to see it come to pass. It has been difficult on us both.

But with all the sorrow and pain, our faith has never faltered. I know that we will one day be parents. It may not anytime soon, but it will happen. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me and knows what we are going through.

I am currently going through some medical issues; not related to the above. I have been getting recurring UTIs for about a year now. And if any of you have had one, you know the amount of pain that comes with it. It’s not something that is fun at all. I have been in and out of the doctor’s office so many times that I feel that they should just dedicate a room for me. Lol The doctors have been giving me antibiotics, but it seems that whenever I finish the prescription, it just comes back. A month ago, I started getting severe pain in my back. I could hardly move without being doubled over in pain. Nathan took me to the urgent care. It took five hours for them to tell me that I had another UTI. I thought that was weird because I knew what a UTI felt like, and that was not it. But I went home because they said that there was nothing else they could do for me. I went and saw my regular doctor a couple days later and found out that I had a kidney infection, not just a simple UTI. Apparently the infection had made its way up to my kidneys. They again put me on a heavy duty antibiotic. I thought I was getting better, but as it has in the past, the infection came back. This time, I saw a doctor that is not my normal one. He did the standard urine test and it came back positive for an infection. He was concerned with the results because there was a lot of blood in my urine. There was so much, he thought that I was in the middle of my period. When he realized that I wasn’t, he decided to order an ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder. I have to wait till the end of September to get the ultrasound done. So now I have to sit here and wait. I just hope and pray that when all is said and done, there is nothing serious that is wrong. I just need to remember to pray and have lots and lots of faith.

And to top everything else, Nathan and I are about to go through a big change. After a lot of discussion and prayer, Nathan has decided to leave ESRI, the company that he currently works for. He has been with them for about 4 years. It is a wonderful, stable job, but it is something that he doesn’t have a passion for and can’t grow in. We have been talking about it for a while now, and he has decided to go work with his dad. He is going to be able to finally do something that makes him happy. We have done lots and lots of praying, and we know that this is what we are supposed to do. It is going to be a big change for us. I am scared to death, but I know that because this is an answer to our prayers, it will all work out. :-) So wish us luck on our new adventure!

I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and Nathan. I may not know what it is right now, but I know that there is one. I know that everything He does is for our benefit. It may be a hard road that we are on, but it will make us stronger. Nathan and I have already grown so much closer through all of this and we see so many blessings in all our trials..

So, thank you for listening to my rambling and I will really try harder to keep this updated. No matter what happens in my life.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh Katie!

Thankyou for sharing what's been going on in your lives! I am so sorry things have been so difficult but your faith and optimism shines through it all! We wish we could be closer to share life with you and get to know you both better! Good luck with everything and keep us all updated! Oh, and good luck working for dad--we are all excited about that!