Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween 2008

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. This Halloween we had so much fun. We have been very lucky this year because we have been able to spread our Halloween celebration over a week instead of just one night.

The Sunday before Halloween we all went over to my parent's where we had our traditional Halloween chili and cornbread for dinner and pumpkin cookies for dessert. We then all sat down to carve our pumpkins. The Eller tradition is to pick out the ugliest pumpkin you can find and purchase that one because if you don't, no one else will want it and it will go unpurchased. :) We had a blast carving our pumpkins.





Nate said my pumpkin looked sad if I turned him upside-down.



On Wednesday we attended our ward's primary Trick-or-Treat party. Nate and I are primary teachers in our ward. We have the 6 and 7 year-old class. We were able to sign up to decorate a room for the party. We were planing on dressing up as Minnie and Mickey Mouse but our costumes weren't ready yet, so we dressed up as vampires. Nate wore his costume that he already had and I borrowed mine from Bethany. It was so much fun. We decorated our door to look like a spider's nest. We were told that we looked really good and that our door was the best. :) We loved seeing our little kiddies dressed up. I am so glad that we were able to be part of that. It was really really fun. :D

Me trying to get the spider webs to stick.

Our scary spider corner. Some of the kids didn't want to come up to us because they were scared of Nate.




I am trying to look scary. I don't think I did a very good job though. :p



On Halloween day, I went to Nate's work for the potluck lunch. Finally our real costumes were ready.

We spray painted Nate's shoes yellow but the paint started to fall off while he was at work. By the time he left, there were trails of yellow paint flecks all over the halls in his office. We finally had to just scrape the rest of the paint off so that he wouldn't leave even more paint all over the place.

Having fun in Nathan's chair. :)



Entering into Nate's space.



Halloween night my family all went to my brother's and sister-in-law's for their Nightmare Before Christmas Themed party. It was so much fun! We played on the Wii and handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

All of us kids in our costumes.


Emily (Pooh) and Aaron (Christopher Robin) Emily is six months pregnant so she looks perfect with her cute belly. :)

Bethany suprised Emily by dressing up as Piglet. :)

Kimmy and me. :)


Nate and me.

So as you probably can see from my very long blog and tons of pictures, I had a fabulous Halloween this year. :) Can't wait till next year when my little nephew Connor "JJ" :) will finally be with us. :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You guys look awesome! I'm so impressed! Wish you guys were closer!

The Skousens said...

I LOVED your costumes...what a cute idea! Looks like you all had tons of fun!!!

Taylor said...

how fun! loved the post. loved both costumes!

oh and i love your header and background...it all looks great together! :o)