Friday, May 8, 2009

Utah Trip and Grandpa

Two weeks ago, my mom received a phone call from her sister, telling her that my grandpa was not doing well. She said that the doctors had given him about two weeks.

We all discussed it, and we decided that we wanted to go visit my grandpa before he passed away. My parents, Emily, BJ, Bethany and I all went up there to visit him.

We really enjoyed ourselves while we were there. We were able to see my grandparents, and my two aunts and their families. It was a lot of fun. It was really nice seeing my grandpa and being able to visit him. I love him so much, and am glad that I was able to visit with him the little amount of time that we had. I am so happy that we decided to go up there.


On our way up, we stopped in Beaver to get gas and ice cream. Beth saw this chair and wanted to take a picture on it. It was huge!



Once we got in Draper, we were pretty tired from the 12 hour drive, so we just relaxed in our hotel rooms.





Connor stole the remote. :D


The boys watching tv in the hotel. :)


The next morning we woke up, and headed over to my grandparent's to visit my grandpa.


My family with Grandpa


Grandpa and me :)


Grandpa and all his grandkids



My Aunt Kim and Aunt Kristy with their girls and Connor


Granpda and Aunt Kristy


We thought that it was best if we only spent a little time with my grandfather, since we didn't want to overwhelm him. So we went out and did some sight seeing inbetween our visits with him.


The newly dedicated Draper temple.


It was very cold and very windy.


It was extreemly windy at the Mt. Tempanogos temple




We were lucky because we were able to also visit Lauren while we were up there. That was so fun! I wish she still lived down here.








Salt Lake Temple





Me in the visiters center


Mommy and me :)

It was a very good trip. We all really enjoyed ourselves. I am so glad that we went up. :D

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow. Two grandpas in one year eh? I bet that was a nice trip--being with family is always good! LOVE the temple pictures and the flowers!

Sarah said...

Gotta love that Beaver chair. We've taken pictures in it too!

Danya said...

I'm glad you were able to go on the trip! It looks like it was pretty good for everyone to be able to visit your grandfather.

That picture with Connor and the remote is priceless! LOL