Friday, May 8, 2009

One Year Anniversary in San Diego

Sorry it has taken so long to post this, a lot has been going on in our lives within the past couple weeks. (I will explain a little about that in my next blog)


A couple weeks before our anniversary was to arrive, I decided that I wanted to make it special. I wanted to have a bit of the honeymoon that we weren't able to have. So I booked us a room down in San Diego, and bought tickets to the San Diego Zoo.

On Friday, after Nate got off work, we headed down to San Diego. It was a fun trip with lots of talking, singing, and getting lost. :)


Nate drove the whole way so I didn't have to :)




The next morning we got up, got ready and went to Denny's for breakfast. It was very convenient since Denny's was in the same lot as our motel. :)

Then it was on to the Zoo. I was very excited to go since neither Nathan or I had ever been before. I was amazed to see how large the zoo really was. We had sooo much fun!






The first exhibit we saw was the flamingos... wow, do these birds stink.



Snakes in the reptile exhibit. I love reptiles, as long as they are behind glass.


We saw some really really big snakes. Very scarey.


Nathan wanted to go on the Skytram... I am scared of hights, but because I love my husband I put on a brave face and went on it with him. I was so scared, but it was sort of fun to see the whole zoo from the air.








Polar Bear!



Our feet got really tired and started to hurt, so we decided to just take the zoo tour. :) Got us off our feet and we got to see a lot of the exhibits.






My favorite animal, the cheetah. :) The golden retriever and the cheetah are best friends.


Nathan's favorite animal; the gorilla.

As you can probably tell, we had so much fun!


We came home Sunday, had dinner and family night at my parents, then went home and ate our cake... that was interesting. lol


Still looked good after a year in the freezer. :)




Cutting the cake. :D


Didn't taste that good though. lol, it was weird, very very mushy, and... interesting.


Nate trying to decide if it was good or not.


My turn to take a bite...


Wasn't very good...




So, I would have to say that our anniversary was a successful one. :) We had a lot of fun. Defiently one to remember.

1 comment:

Danya said...

HAHAHA it sounds like you two had a blast! Good, I love the zoo too and yes FLAMINGOS STINK!!! Literally lol.

I was laughing at your guys' faces when eating the cake! Hilarious!

I AM still a little miffed that you never did pet one of the cheetas for me! LOL ;)