Monday, February 22, 2010

Valentine's Day

Nathan and I had a really good Valentine's Day this year. Because it landed on a Sunday, we decided to make it a three day holiday. :-)


We started off by going to the LA Temple with my parents to do an endowment session on Saturaday morning. I love going to the temple and I really love the LA Temple, so it was especially fun. We went through a session and afterwards, when we were sitting in the Celestial Room, a temple worker came up to Nathan and me, and my parents and asked us if we would like to participate in a quick sealing session. I absolutly love sealings, so of course we said yes. What was also really special, was that we were taken to the same sealing room that my parents had been sealed. It was very special to me to be able to see my parents in the same place that they were sealed for all eternity, 28 years ago. I was also given the opportunity to sit in as a daughter being sealed to her parents, who my parents were sitting in for.  It is something that I will never forget.






Sunday was a normal church day, and then dinner at my parents.


On Monday, Nathan and I exchanged our little gifts that we had purchased for each other and then went out to eat that night. We decided to go to Red Lobster because we both love sea food, and both of us hadn't been there in years. It was very nice to have a date night and the food was very yummy. I did find out though, that I am not a fan of lobster which kinda stinks. I like all other seafood, except for that. Nathan really enjoyed his meal and the rest of mine. lol


Finishing up my very large meal @ Red Lobster


Nathan playing with a crab claw lol



So, all in all, we really had a wonderful Valentine's Day. It is so nice to have a wonderful person to share it with.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What a fun weekend. Especially the sealing part with your parents. That would truly be an unforgettable moment. :) Sheldon loves seafood and I don't like a thing that swims. But there is one menu item at Red Lobster that I like: Cajun Chicken and Pasta. At least it was on the menu 3 years ago when I was pregnant with Joey. So Sheldon can get his seafood fix once in a while. (of course, it has been a while.)